Welcome
Welcome to cascadestudios

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Golden Age-Webisodes And Episodes *SPOILERS*

Moderator: Cascade Studios Staff

Re: Golden Age-Webisodes And Episodes *SPOILERS*

Postby Enker » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Thanks for another fantastic feedback review :) it's always great to hear your thoughts on the show!
Enker
Site Admin

Postby Rhythm Wily » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:40 am

Golden Age: The Teardrop Spear

It should be noted that these are about the length of one of the regular webisodes, but unlike the webisodes none of these characters or events happen during Season 1. These events span from before The Last Prophecy Of Man to all the way after it.

Episode 1: The Blacksmith/Shari

This talks about how the Teardrop spear was made, who made it, the dreaming, and the transition of the Dijin from the dreaming to the mortal realm. There's even a mentioning of "The River Of The Dead". It speaks of an evil Dijin Malachi who can twist the hearts of others. Despite being imprisoned in a bottle it was able to morph itself into armor. So it was decided that this Dijin should be killed. A first. This spear was given to a Knight Of The Word who killed the Dijin. The Blacksmith stays behind and as his own punishment stays in the mortal realm so that he may eventually die. The other Dijin return to the dreaming at the end of the Mana Wars.

I have had a lot of fun trying to imagine what this spear looks like. II won't go into details now since the later installments talk more about its other features. On a personal note I never thought about the idea of "The Dreaming" and "The Continent" being some kind of transition the Dijin had to deal with. It certainly helps me feel a more kind of personal connection with the Dijin and this world. I'm still curious about this "River Of The Dead" and what that's all about. This Episode does a great job setting things up and letting the listener know why the spear was made in the first place. I don't know if it was a coincidence, but Malachi is also the name of a prophet in The Bible. I'm already trying to decide how this story will play into Season 2. The Last Prophecy Of Man is a great supplement to Season 1 so I do wonder if it's like that.
Rhythm Wily

Postby Rhythm Wily » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:56 am

Since it's technically the next day now I figured I could just do this episode as well. That and it's the shortest one at just over 4 minutes.

Episode 2-To Wield the Spear/Tias Sullivan

Here it talks more about the spear itself and what it is like to wield. It is described as being warm to the touch and feels weightless as it is swung in the air. Tias was the first to wield it and kill Malachi who had caused confusion among the men. The Order Of The Spear was birthed as a subset of the Knights Of The Word. So secret that it was unrecorded. I wonder what Mia would think of that. The spear is meant to be passed down from generation to generation.

I do find it interesting that The Knights Of The Word have such a strong connection with magic/The Dijin. I wonder what Mia would think about this if she found out. It does appear that for some reason that this spear is meant to be passed down from a select few. I'm not entirely sure when this segment takes place in the timeline though.
Rhythm Wily

Postby Rhythm Wily » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:10 pm

A bit behind what I wanted to do so I may try to finish up both today. I'll at least have episode 3 up now.

Episode 3-The Commander's Tale

Here a Commander of a CORE squad is sent to look for the Teardrop Spear in order to tip the balance in their favor. They search for it in the mountains in the Ring Aisles(I wish I could see a map right now). I'm guessing this has to do with the Far Aisles in some way. In short, it's VERY COLD. 3 vanish and it leads the commander to think that they're being hunted by someone or something. More dissapear and as a result they go back into the snowstorm. As a result they are picked off until the narrator remained. There he meets a series of men in white cloaks. Instead he is spared and told to forget about the Teardrop Spear and they disappear; leaving him only a compass to return. When he returns the Commander decides that it is best that perhaps the spear isn't used in this war.

Not exactly sure when during the Mana Wars this is going on, but it seems that it has been going on "For some time" to show one side winning and to find out about the Teardrop Spear. I keep forgetting how long the Mana Wars lasted in total. Need to look that back up sometime. On a side note I was very surprised by the distinct sounding voice. I forget who does this voice, but its deepness took me aback. It does sound like someone who has been through quite a lot. I don't hate it of course. It just wasn't what I expected. XD
Rhythm Wily

Postby Rhythm Wily » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:17 am

Here's the final one! Finishing it up as promised! These were a joy to listen to BTW.

Episode 4-After The Mana Wars/Rain(Or Rain's ? Don't know how any of the names are spelled w/o a script).

Ok, it's 50 years. The bearers were nomadic until the war ended. They lived in Calma overlooking the Ring Aisles (off a coast?). The spear was placed on an altar in a hidden chamber guarded by fellow knights under the guise of a mercenary post. Then there was a change not from furies or the CORE, but from one of their own. A girl named Lycel had some sort of dreams about the spear and reached the chamber. It had changed hands from Rain to Lycel as he felt its presence slip from his own. He let her go off with the spear as it was allowed to change hands.

So now I understand that the spear is not something that is appointed within the order but rather it seems the teardrop spear chooses its bearer. She's got it rough though since the very people she works for may chase her down and kill her. Not to mention the CORE that at this point is totally against anything magical. Nice to know being in Calma is more consistent with The Last Prophecy of Man one of the two continents voting for magic to be legal. I guess this takes place around the time of the Golden Age RP? Either that or slightly before it. Either way it's long before Season 1. I do wonder how all of this will play out in what I assume will be Season 2. My curiosity is totally peaked!
Rhythm Wily

Postby Enker » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:25 pm

Very nice ;) but there's 4 more episodes of the Teardrop Spear to be released yet . . .
Enker
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Your Views